18 November 2014

Lagos, Portugal

From the moment I arrived in Portugal it was love, true true love, and I haven't gone a day without dreaming of being back there roaming those tiled Lisbon streets or sitting on a beach in Lagos. 

Portugal wasn't ever close to the top of my list of places to visit, but I guess after going through a real winter I was longing for the beach and the beaming hot sun more than ever. And Portugal delivered that for sure. This place was so dreamy, the Algarve coastline is captivating and the cities atmosphere is equally relaxing as it is buzzing. Lagos is a tiny, quiet, yet bustling city that you fall love with ever so naturally. Although it was inhabited almost entirely by Australians - it was incredible.
Our time was spent wisely laying in the sun, barely swimming because the oceans are freezing, eating food, exploring the city and photographing all its beauty. Our evenings were equally (if not more) wonderful. Warm ocean breezes kissed our hot sunburnt skin. We wore thongs (flip flops) to the bars, sipped on the tastiest ciders and, my favourite, made new friends.

I am ever so eager to re-visit this country, re-discover what's already known, but more so what's not.
Thank you, Lagos. 

IMG_2804
IMG_2869
IMG_2806
IMG_2802
IMG_2771
IMG_2772

No comments:

Post a Comment