27 February 2015

Sydney, my dear

"My favourite city. Easily." The words I find effortlessly flowing from my mouth everytime I visit somewhere new.

Luckily enough I was able to spend just over a week in and around Sydney whilst in Australia last September. It just seems to get better each time I go back. 
My mum, sister and I visited family in various places before mum and I spent 2 nights in Newton, which is like an Australian Brighton, just with no beach.
Activities included: watching the sunset from the Opera Bar as we sipped on ridiculously expensive wine, dining on squid ink risotto (YUM) in front of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and going to a bar that's well disguised as a butcher. Like really well disguised.
On our last morning mum woke me at an hour that seemed to be an obnoxiously early 11am (maybe I did suffer a slight bit of jet lag) to have breakfast at The Stinking Bishops. Yes, that is a cheese and wine bar for breakfast and we aren't even sorry. It was flipping great.
I also convinced mum the Grounds of Alexandria was a good idea, not just because they have a resident pig named Kevin Bacon but because I'd read about it everywhere. Anyway, Saturday morning in said grounds was not the greatest idea, the table wait was 45 minutes, but there was a florist so I wasn't even mad. 

A HUGE thank you to my mother for not only funding my flights back to Australia but also taking me to Sydney and spending too much money on me and my expensive tastes. I appreciate it and you.
(The beach pictures below are in Bundeena, which in my opinion isn't far off paradise) 
IMG_3105
IMG_4037
IMG_4038
IMG_4036
IMG_4035
IMG_4040
IMG_4019
IMG_4018
IMG_4033





4 comments:

  1. that pretzel! too cute! how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this place is insanely beautiful!! my cousin has an impressive collection of inflatables it's so much fun!

      Delete
  2. Hey Sarah, gorgeous Bundeena pics :)
    Love Auntie B x

    ReplyDelete