3 April 2015

7 cities I want to live in

After moving to a different country in 2013, naturally I have set my sights other places that I would love to call home. I want that sense of warmth, that local coffee shop, to get to know the streets like the back of my hand all with a side of new discoveries but a sense of home. Of these 7 cities, 5 have been visited and 2 are constantly longed for. I wonder where I'll go next?

1. Melbourne 
Yes please Australia. Melbourne can offer me that comforting cold in the winter, enough for a coat, and the beach inviting heat in the summer. With the kind of weather you use to your advantage on morning runs and fresh juices. Literally the best of both worlds.



2. Lisbon 
Should I start by pointing out the obvious in the form of tiles. The city is built with them. I feel like every wall and doorstep is a piece of art.

IMG_2905

3. Oahu
Hawaii, please and thank you. Give me that seaside, surf crazy, mountain city/state. I want a life where I spend my days watching to sunset, on opposite days I'll watch it rise. Work in a cafe and learn to surf. Eat acai bowls like they're going out of fashion and make a life that will be forever remembered.

4. Berlin 
To be honest I would move there in a heartbeat. If someone gave me the money right this second, apart from spending it wisely on my already planned travels, I'd relocate to Berlin. It was described to me the other day as "feels like home, even though it's nothing like Australia". We had our local coffee shop, grocery store and metro station sorted by day 3. Home is where the heart is, right?

Photo 21-09-13 2 14 13 PM


5. Copenhagen
I have fallen in so much love. Imagine walking those super quiet streets everyday. Eating the healthiest, tastiest food in the cutest little cafe/restaurant and drinking fresh juice all of the time. Aside from that have you seen how attractive Danish people are?! And being they're the happiest in the world I think this situation would work out just swimmingly.

IMG_9695

6. San Francisco
I'm dying to live some of my life in America, although seemingly an almost impossible mission given visa difficulties, I've left it to dreaming, just for the meantime. I will tick that off my list one day. A perfect excuse to get myself studying, a semester abroad anyone? 

7. Sydney 
Each time I visit Sydney I fall in more and more love. I'd like to live in Newtown, maybe because it reminds me so much of B Town, and I hurt when I think of ever leaving. Or the Northern Beaches, where the beach is actually my backyard.

IMG_3277


"The world is your oyster"


Which foreign country do you want to live in? 

No comments:

Post a Comment