26 June 2013

Right now

Lately life has slowed down, yet somehow kept up its constant pace. Each morning brings me closer to my departure for Europe and I'm forever filled with mixed emotions of fear and excitement for the adventure it will be. I feel like it was only yesterday I celebrated New Years and booked the plane tickets - six months has passed so darn fast.
I constantly find myself fretting about how little time I have in life to do what I want. Looking back at how quickly this year has gone so far and realising how little time we, as humans, actually have to fulfil our dreams, I can't help but feel the rest of my life is going to treat me the same way. Like each day will  fly and moments will be forgotten. However, as a result of my train of thought I have learnt to live more in the moment and I'm loving each day more than the last - embracing the moments that will not last forever and learning from the bad ones!
I read this quote once that said something like 'What would you do if you had a bank account that credited you with $86,400 each morning and at the end of each day whatever balance you failed to use, will disappear. Although, the next morning you would, once again, receive $86,400 into your bank.'
Obviously most of us would draw out the money and save it for later. However, time can not be banked or saved for later. Time is the past and the future. Time is right now.
 We all wish for the 'if only's' and plan the 'will do's', but how many of us act for the 'right now's'? There are 86,400 seconds in each day - do you spend it all thoughtfully?

Here are some photos of my ponies at golden hour, which is my favourite time of the day and unfortunately I'm usually at work so I miss it. These are taken with my 50mm lens which I continue to love more and more with each photograph.






2 comments:

  1. I guess I am super lucky to be able to stumble upon your blog. Life has been slow for me too that's why I was eager to read the whole post because I knew I'd like it after. Life has been slow and I don't know how to bring it back to what it was months ago. I am loving the slow-paced life but I honestly don't like how it makes me feel lonely and bored. But even though it is kind of dragging, I try to remind myself that this slow-paced life will just pass. So I enjoy each and every moment to do something there is to do right in every second. Have a great day! :)

    P.S. The photos look good ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the nearly year late reply! It's nice when life slows down just enough to enjoy and take in it's glory - hope you are well x

      Delete