11 June 2013

Thailand

When I'm not travelling, I'm working and saving and researching, for my travels. And stalking travel blogs. It's what I do best. Stalk travel blogs. In my recent stalks I was reading a post on World of Wanderlust about Thailand, and I had an overwhelming feeling of melancoly.

Thailand was my first ever overseas adventure. It was daunting. I went with people I barely knew. I hate the hot, humid weather. Yet, I long for it at times. And I had a rude awakening when I realised I didn't even know how to say hello in Thai. Although, I went with a cause. It was a mission trip that I am ever so blessed to have been a part of.

Not only did we get to experience the country in a tourist way as well as a locals', we were a part of an experience in changing peoples lives.

The children in the orphanages were a blessing. They had hearts of absolute gold. They were more full of life than any person I've met. All up we visited 3 orphanages, the biggest one was home to more than 200 children. Alas, they were a family who effortlessly displayed their unconditional love for us.   

Most of all, the children taught us how to laugh even when you could cry.


No comments:

Post a Comment