26 May 2015

Istanbul was Constantinople


My friend from Australia and I went to Turkey for ANZAC day at the end of April for the 100 year commemoration of our soldiers who fought in the war - and it was a pretty big deal (Prince Charles & Prince Harry were there)! Aside from the day or so we spent driving down, camping out and driving back we got to spend the rest of our time frolicking around Istanbul.
If you've ever been to this city you'll understand it's glory and greatness, if not, you need to learn.

I know every time I travel I come back exclaiming it to be my favourite country/city in the world, but my oh my, Istanbul is something more. The people are so kind and so funny, the city is warm and full of culture.

These are some photos from my phone, I am yet to edit the ones from my camera, but they're on their way. Promise.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

2 comments:

  1. Love these pictures <3

    Haven't been to Istanbul YET - but for several years now, I've been dreaming about going.
    Of all place in Turkey, Cappadocia is on the top of my list but Istanbul is definitely not far behind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I SO wish I went to Cappadocia, everyone in Istanbul had been/was going. I think it would be incredible. You need to visit Turkey, it's such a wonderful place! xx

      Delete