21 September 2014

Yellow Split Pea Falafels

I  was craving something with lentils. I wanted simple and light but a tasty-hunger-satisfier. So falafels it was. I baked them in the oven to make them that little bit more healthy and they were ever so tasty, I impressed myself with my cooking skills here (and my housemates gave a fat tick of approval too).

What do you need?
+ 1 cup dry Yellow split peas (lentils) 
+ 1 brown onion
+ 1 garlic clove 
+ 3 tbsp olive oil
+ 2 eggs 
+ 1 tsp cumin
+ 5 tbsp chickpea flour
+ 1 tsp ground coriander 
+ 1 tsp cayenne pepper 
+ pinch chilli flakes 

+ cook split peas as per instructions/until soft 
+ blend all together in a food processor until smooth and refrigerate for 30 minutes 
+ scoop onto baking paper using a tablespoon and bake for about 25 minutes (or until browned). If the baked version doesn't tickle your fancy, fry the falafels in little bit of oil in a frying pan. 

I made a sneaky batch, with Hummus, to take with me on the overnight bus to France, perfect for a starving gluten intolerant sufferer who's surrounded by croissant eaters. 

IMG_5281
IMG_5275
IMG_5289






No comments:

Post a Comment