4 January 2016

I'm Ghana do this


34 days.
48,960 minutes.
816 hours.
Thirty-four days.

That's how long it is before I get on a plane to Ghana, Africa. For 3 months (not on the plane, but on the continent).
Daunting is the best, and only way at the moment, way to describe it.

I'm part of a team going to Ghana to help with an international development programme call ICS that is funded by the UK government and partnered with Lattitude. It was designed to encourage people to become active citizens, in their own communities and internationally.
Being able to give people what they need, help them improve their lives in ways they aren't able to do without help and in turn learn from them is something I'm so grateful to be a part of. I can't wait to immerse myself in their culture, learn their traditions and hear their stories.

Some dreams are so great that when they're fulfilled it feels slightly like something from a film, merely like something you watch from the outside and you're not part of yourself. That's the fun part, I think, and exactly how I'm feeling. Alongside all the grown up responsibilities I have in life before I leave, there's not much room to think about it. That's a good thing though, because I would equally think about the fun as I would the scary, so we'll leave it all a mystery - and I like surprises.

Follow the trip on instagram and here also, because I'm sure there'll be a picture or two in my time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment